I do the WASH, and these days, he does the FOLD.
Never too early to put the kids to work.
Sounds harsh, but they actually like it! (Really.)
This is the FOLDING lesson. Got stuff to HANG?
Check out our post on HANGING.
|The "Finish" prize!|
Learn how to fold clothes.
Specifically shirts, pants, underwear
The Set Up
A pile of clean laundry
A small whistle (my own variation)
Shirts:1) Lay the shirt flat on floor with sleeves stretched out
2) Fold in one sleeve, press flat evenly
3) Fold in second sleeve, press flat evenly
4) Bring the bottom of the shirt up and fold in half, press flat evenly
5) Place in a stack to the side
6) Once the whole stack is done, blow the whistle to signal finish!
Pants:1) Lay the pants flat on floor with legs stretched out
2) Fold in pant leg over in half, press flat evenly
3) Fold waist side down in half, press flat evenly
4) Place in a stack to the side
5) Once the whole stack is done, blow the whistle to signal finish!
Underpants:1) Lay the underpants flat on floor
2) Fold in half, press flat evenly
3) Place in a stack to the side
4) Once the whole stack is done, blow the whistle to signal finish!
|One sleeve over.|
|Other sleeve over.|
|Up in half, done!|
The "Whistle Step" was added for Zozie to have an incentive to finish the whole stack. He loves to blow the whistle so I threw that in to give him more of a sense of completeness. It's not a must, and can be something else, but this was a quick way for us to make it more fun for him!
As with most things, a (moving) picture is worth a thousand words (see below!).
The Shirt Video:
The Pants Video:
The Underoo Video: